Every business runs on data! It is important to capture and store all the information related to the business and so is the importance of authorisation. Only the authorised users should be accessing the right data after authentication according to the given rights. Our system provides built-in roles as well as gives you the flexibility to create custom access roles with Read/Write permissions. This is managed by a combination of authentication & authorization using RBAC- Role Based Access Control.
Access to the platform is controlled by a unique user identifier and an associated password facility to create access groups and profiles of users and grant access/restrictions to groups. We can create an overall “System Administrator” who will maintain the security for user access and the ability to create, amend, suspend and delete users and carry out all other security functions.
- Role based access allows granting access/restrictions to individual user role so that users can only access data pertinent to them.
- Facility to grant access/restrictions to data fields, be it read only, write or hidden.
- Facility to grant access/restrictions on individual features/functions within the system.
Besides the role based access hierarchy as per the staff structure of the enterprise, we have three types of roles:
- Job Roles- These users control which users can access which screens.
- Entitlement roles- This set of users controls what the user can do with that screen or web service.
- Data Roles- This overlays data security on top of Job Roles.
An organisation’s super administrator can then assign these access roles to the staff hierarchy. It becomes simple and flexible as the administrator needs to manage the “roles” rather than “individuals” which reduce complexity.
These access roles can further be used with eForms category, region, fields, tabs and various other modules across the platform.